February 21, 2008
WP-o-Matic is a cool auto-blogging plugin for wordpress.
After installation you’ll have to change cron.php if you want to use automatic feed fetching via crontab.
- take note of the code wp-o-matic will give you on installation.
- open cron.php in your favorite editor
- add this piece of code after the <?php opening tag :
if ($argc > 0)
for ($i=1;$i < $argc;$i++)
$_REQUEST = array_merge($_REQUEST, $tmp);
- fire up crontab -e and add something like the following line to it :
*/20 * * * * php /DIR_TO_WP/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cron.php code=YOURCODEchange DIR_TO_WP with you path to wordpress and YOURCODE with the code you noted in step 1
- Save the file and cron will run your fetcher every 20 minutes.
- You’re done, go add some rss feeds.